Monday, December 10, 2012

Mortal Kombat (SNES)






How I would sum this game up:  Introduced you to blood and gore in video games, so you remember it as a better game than it is.

I'm just going to say this:  Mortal Kombat kind of sucks.  That being said, I loved it as a kid.  I couldn't get enough of the blood, violence and gore.  The fatalities were so cool.  I loved the controversy surrounding it, I loved that parents hated it and didn't want kids to play it because it would make us all murderers (on the contrary, I grew up to be a raging pacifist who doesn't believe in violence).  This caused me to overlook several flaws with the game itself.  It kind of sucked.  I won't go into detail with it, mainly because the superior sequel fixed almost all of them.

I will say that the one thing this game got right was the two button fatality.  Up, up, and they are dead.  No one wants to remember forward, down, forward, back, high kick from close distance.


No comments: